Jacquard CYANOTYPE SET- Photographic art prints with sunlight
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Sun-Powered Printmaking Starter Kit
Cyanotype can be used to create detailed prints from virtually any object that casts a shadow: tools, toys, plants, leaves, stones, sand string lace, ect. Simply place the object on the sensitized surface and expose to sunlight/UV. By using a digitally-printed photographic negative instead of an object, cyanotype may also be used to create full-resolution photographs on paper or fabric. Great for photographers, mixed media artists, printmakers, quilters, kids and more. The process is easy, forgiving, quick, magical and fun.
A bit of history…
Cyanotype is an antique photographic process distinctive for producing Prussian blue monochromatic prints. Developed in the mid-19th century, cyanotype was quickly embraced as an inexpensive method for reproducing photographs, documents, maps and plans (hence the enduring architectural term “blueprint”).
Famously, it was also used by Ana Atkins and other field biologists for indexing plant specimens—the first photograms ever made! Cyanotype is a remarkably simple process that employs two inexpensive chemicals and sunlight/UV. Prints can be made on any natural fiber: paper, cotton, silk, wool, wood, etc.
Included in this kit:
- Part A – Potassium Ferricyanide 0.8 oz/22.68 g
- Part B – Ferric Ammonium Citrate 1.9 oz/53.86 g
This set contains enough chemistry to make approximately 65 – 8.5”x11”/21.59 cm x 27.94 cm prints on paper or 50 – 8.5”x11”/21.59 cm x 27.94 cm prints on fabric, depending on the absorbency of the substrate.
Just follow these 5 easy steps!
- Place objects or a film negative on the cyanotype fabric.
- Secure with glass or pins if necessary and expose to sunlight.
- Remove objects or film negative from fabric.
- Submerge exposed fabric in water.
- Dry your cyanotype print.
Get creative with the Jacquard CYANOTYPE SET
- Always read and follow the instructions before starting to get better results with your Jacquard CYANOTYPE SET.
If you are after garments, caps, bags or any other promotional supplement please contact us through:
Some other products you might enjoy below!
- Jacquard Cyanotype Class kit can be used to create prints with a lot of detail from virtually any object that casts a shadow, for example: tools, toys, plants, leaves, stones, sand string lace, etc. Firstly place the object on the sensitized surface and finally expose to sunlight/UV.
- Easily create photographic art prints and one-of-a-kind T-shirts by harnessing the power of sunlight.
- The SolarFast™ Starter Kit comes with everything you need to get started.
- Whether making prints from drawings, photographs, folds or objects, on paper, fabric, canvas, or clothing, the SolarFast Starter Kit offers a great introduction to sun-powered printmaking at a great value.
- Create colourful and unique swirl patterns on paper, fabric and more with the Jacquard marbling Class kit.
- Marbling is an incredible ancient technique that is still in use nowadays by craft lovers. It consists in creating a pattern on a liquid surface and then transferring the design to paper or fabric. Release your creativity today and make beautiful patterns as unique as you are with Jacquard marbling Class kit!
simplyspray.com.au the oasis for creatives!
Company based in Sydney, Australia.
|PanPastel Metallic colours sets||
Metallics I (Gold, Rich Gold, Bronze), Metallics II (Silver, Pewter, Copper)