- Reviews (0)
QUANTITY: 454 gm/1lb
Jacquard Encaustic Medium is a 8/1 blend of White Filtered Beeswax and Damar Resin is perfect for encaustic applications. It comes in easy-to-measure pellets. Can be used alone for collage techniques likewise be mixed with any encaustic paints or pigments.
The Damar resin raises the melting temperature so the wax is less susceptible to heat damage. It allows the Jacquard Encaustic Medium to cure and harden over time, as a result, makes it more durable and prevents blooming (a whitish haze that can appear on the surface of a painting). Resin also allows the Encaustic Medium to be polished to a high gloss, preventing blooming and giving it more depth and intensity.
Although beeswax and medium are translucent, beeswax by itself will not maintain its translucency.
Use in well-ventilated area. Melting point: 158°F/70°C
- Always read and follow the instructions before starting to get better results with your Jacquard Encaustic Medium
If you are after garments, caps, bags or any other promotional supplement please contact us through:
Some other products you might enjoy below!
- Jacquard Calgon description: Hard water can cause streaking and uneven color when dyeing. Calgon keeps calcium and other mineral in suspension; therefore, they will not interfere with the dyeing process.
- JACQUARD SODIUM HYDROSULFITE is a reducing agent for setting up an indigo vat.
- Sodium Hydrosulfite may also be used on the stove-top as a non-aggressive alternative to bleach for removing colour from natural fabrics.
- JACQUARD METHOCEL is a synthetic thickener that provides a viscous surface for fabric and paper marbling.
- It is also use in book arts as a paper sizing, for paste papers and to slow the drying time of PVA glues.
- Compared to natural thickeners, Methocel is more economical and lasts more.
simplyspray.com.au the oasis for creatives!