Jacquard Procion MX Dyes – 2/3oz / 18.71gm
Jacquard Procion MX Dyes is perfect for shibori, ice dyeing, tub and low water immersion dyeing, printing, direct painting and other “alternative” dye.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Jacquard Procion MX Dyes are “cold water dyes” that do not require heat.
This unique property sets Procion MX apart from all other dyes and establishes them a side undisputed king of backyard dyeing, batik and tie dye. Because Procion MX dyes can be used away from the stovetop, they are also perfect for shibori, ice dyeing, tub and low water immersion dyeing, printing, direct painting and other “alternative” dye applications.
As a fibre reactive dye, Procion MX forms a strong covalent bond with cellulosic fibres, making it the most permanent and washfast of all dyestuffs. Mix the concentrated dye powder with warm tap water to create the most vibrant of all colours for cotton, linen and other plant-based fabrics. Procion MX dyes are typically used with a soda ash fixative, which can be added directly to the dye bath or used to pre-treat the fabric, as in tie dyeing. (See page 110 for Soda Ash).
Typically, one 2/3oz /18.71 g bottle will dye more than 1 lb/0.45 kg of dry fabric. (Very bright colours will require more dye and pastel colours will require less.)
Get creative with the Jacquard Procion MX Dyes
- Always read and follow the instructions before starting to get better results with your Jacquard Procion MX Dyes.
If you are after garments, caps, bags or any other promotional supplement please contact us through:
Some other products you might enjoy below!
- Soda Ash dye fixer is a mild alkali that promotes the chemical reaction between Procion MX fiber reactive dyes and cellulose fiber. It is also known as sodium carbonate, washing soda or sal soda. Soda Ash is necessary to activate and set Procion MX dye.
- Can be used with the washing machine method or stove top method.
- Acid dyes (the ‘acid’ is white vinegar or citric acid) are used to colour silk and wool and other protein fibres (as well as some nylons), and nothing does it better! Extremely brilliant and colourfast, Jacquard Acid Dyes are highly concentrated, powdered hot water dyes that produce level, uniform colour when immersion dyeing. They exhaust extremely well and won’t bleed or fade with washing.
- Dye Poly is for synthetic fibers such as polyester and iDye natural is for natural fibres like cotton.
- Available in 8 fantastic colours for synthetics.
- Jacquard iDye Fabric Dye is simple to use. Dyeing has never been easier than with iDye from Jacquard!
simplyspray.com.au the oasis for creatives!
Company based in Sydney, Australia.
Antique Gold, Aquamarine, Avocado, Bright Blue, Bright Golden Yellow, Bright Green, Bright Scarlet, Brilliant Orange, Bronze, Brown Rose, Bubble Gum, Burgundy, Carmine Red, Cerulean, Chocolate Brown, Cobalt Blue, Deep Purple, Ecru, Emerald Green, Fire Engine Red, Forest Green, Fuschia, Hot Pink, Ice Blue, Jet Black, Lemon Yellow, Lilac, Magenta, Marine Violet, Medium Blue, Midnight Blue, Navy, Neutral Grey, Olive Green, Pale Aqua, Peach, Pink, Raspberry, Robin's Egg Blue, Rust Orange, Teal, Turquoise, Warm Black